- EBITDA margin reached 65,6%, net income increased 17,8% in relation to the same period of 2020 with ROE of 16%.
- During the semester, some important achievements were the commissioning of transmission projects and the development of initiatives to face the climate emergency, which demonstrates the commitment to the development and reactivation of countries where it has operations.
- ISA consolidates its strategy of generating sustainable value with outstanding progress in matters related to environment and communities.
The results for the first semester of 2021 demonstrate the soundness, competitivity, right business decisions, capture of efficiencies, but specially the generation of sustainable value where the Group’s efforts are focused.
In the financial field, the Company continues consolidating as an attractive and solid investment: operating revenues amounted COP 5,2 trillion, which represent a 9,6% increase. EBITDA increased to COP 3,4 trillion, growing 7,8% and the EBITDA margin was 65,6%. ISA’s net income reached COP 1,1 trillion, 17,8% more than in 2020, and a net margin of 21%.
During the semester, investments were made for COP 2,7 trillion, for the advancement in the construction of electric power transmission lines in countries where the Group has operations, and in the construction of Rutas del Loa, Third Lanes and Regulatory Safety Works at Rutas del Maipo, in Chile, and the completion of the last tranche of Ruta Costera in the north of Colombia.
Regarding the projects and the sustainability strategy, important milestones were achieved such as:
- The entry into operation of the 230/500kV Interconexión Noroccidental project, a megaproject that runs through 36 municipalities in the departments of Antioquia, Córdoba, and Santander, allowing to ensure the reliability of the National Transmission System. This project has the first 500kV gas insulated substations and will generate annual revenues for approximately USD 42 million.
- For the fourth year, ISA has been included in the FTSE4 Good index, which measures the performance of companies according to environmental, social, and corporate governance responsibility (Environmental, Social and Governance -ESG) criteria.
- With the purpose of refinancing the debt commitments acquired during the construction phase of the Cardones – Polpaico Transmission Line, key infrastructure to decarbonize the matrix and contribute to the climate change mitigation in Chile, ISA INTERCHILE issued, its first green bond for USD 1.200 million.
- ISA was selected among the 5 companies in the 2021 Private Social Investment Index in Colombia. This index highlights that 85% of the population who benefits from the social and environmental programs is from rural areas, and from these, close to 97% are in vulnerable conditions.
- ISA developed in Colombia the project to bring drinking water to thousands of families of the Wayúu community in La Guajira. The project is called Pilas Públicas Sararao, and it is the first Works for Taxes project developed by our affiliate ISA INTERCOLOMBIA, which joins those projects already delivered in previous years in Peru.
Regarding the results, ISA Group’s CEO, Bernardo Vargas Gibsone said: “we continue working to achieve not only profitability for our shareholders but to generate social and environmental impacts that are positive and tangible, which really make a change. Our commitment will continue to go beyond what the law tells us and beyond the efficient operation of our businesses: we are a Company that builds a country, which works with and for communities and towards the progress of territories. This is what really makes us today into the most attractive company in the national market and one of the best valued at the regional level”.